BBQ Challenge - Chris Hull
The glory of summer is here. Hear the lawnmowers, feel the heat and smell, YUM, the BBQ the Breeze announcers are cooking! This week the Breeze’s new dad, Chris Hull is giving his lovely wife some time off and taking over the family meals. Chris reckons there’s nothing better than a terrific piece of Aussie pork done to perfection on the barbecue. Chris loves this one that we trialed for the first time in our Breeze outdoor kitchen!
Check out how to make Chris Hull’s Hot Barbecue Pork and Mango Salsa here.
All summer, the Breeze is giving you the chance to win a black, Big BUGG Beafeater Barbecue valued at $799 to take home and whip up your own Aussie recipes or recreate ours. To enter, just fill in the form below. Our winner will be announced on the Moyd Kay breakfast show on Friday, 9th of February 2018
Here’s the recipe;
BBQ Pork with Mango Salsa
4 lean pork loin steaks, 2cm thick
1 tablespoon oil
Salt and pepper
¼ cup BBQ sauce
1 large ripe mango, diced
½ red capsicum, diced
½ yellow capsicum, diced
2 roma tomatoes, de-seeded and diced
1 long green chilli, finely chopped
1 lime, zested & juiced
Soft tortilla toasted, Lime wedges
1. Brush the pork steak with a little oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Preheat the griddle pan for 1-2 minutes over a medium heat.
3. Place the pork steak in the griddle pan and cook for 6 minutes, turn the steak and cook for a further 2 minutes. Remove steak from the pan and rest in a warm place for 2 minutes.
4. In a large bowl place the all prepared salsa ingredients. Toss carefully with a spoon to combine.
5. Serve the juicy pork loin steak over the prepared salsa, serve with grilled tortillas and garnish with lime wedges.