The glory of summer is here. Hear the lawnmowers, feel the heat and smell, YUM, the BBQ the Breeze announcers are cooking! This week the Breeze breakfast host Moyd Kay is taking some well earned days off and is whipping up some easy skewers with haloumi and deliciously juicy Aussie lamb. These are a quick, easy addition to any family barbecue and the kids will love them.
Check out how to make Moyd Kay’s easy Haloumi and Lamb skewers here.
All summer, the Breeze is giving you the chance to win a black, Big BUGG Beafeater Barbecue valued at $799 to take home and whip up your own Aussie recipes or recreate ours. To enter, just fill in the form below. Our winner will be announced on the Moyd Kay breakfast show on Friday, 9th of February 2018!
Here’s the recipe;
Lamb and Haloumi Skewers
400g lamb, diced
Selection of Vegetables, cut into chunks
(E.g. Zucchini, Yellow Capsicum, Red Capsicum, Red Onion, Yellow Squash, Cherry Tomatoes)
200g Greek Yoghurt
Handful fresh mint, finely chopped
1 garlic clove, grated
Lemon juice and wedges for serving
Salt and Pepper
- Soak skewers in water for an hour.
- Thread lamb, haloumi and vegetables onto skewers, alternating evenly with each ingredient.
- Heat barbecue to medium heat, oil hot plate and place skewers onto hot plate.
- Cook for 6-8 minutes, turning frequently, untli cooked.
- Combine yoghurt, garlic, mint and a squeeze of lemon in a small bowl - season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve skewers with green salad, yoghurt sauce and wedges of lemon.